Whether it’s the hustle-bustle, the creativity it inspires, or its lack of household distractions, the ‘coffice’ is rapidly becoming a top choice for flexible workers looking to escape the monotony and isolation of working from home.
But just like any work environment, there are house rules.
- Keep up your rent – don’t sit for five hours and buy one flat white, the rule of thumb is one (item) per hour
- Take up as little space as you can. Avoid large tables and if that’s your only option, leave room for someone else to share your table
- Avoid taking a phone call unless you expect it to last under a minute
- Listen to music or videos on your laptop with earphones
- Politely offer to move if it gets busy during the breakfast or lunchtime rush
- Stay no longer than four hours (the universal limit for coffice working)
- Come prepared but travel light – charge up your laptop, bring your wallet, pens, and paper but leave unnecessary stuff at home or in the car