Time entry details on project invoices
- Create a tasks & expenses invoice for chargeable tasks and expenses that you haven't invoiced your customer for yet.
- Once invoiced, you can’t delete a task or expense, but you can add more time to a task.
How it works
- Invoice for all uninvoiced time entries, or all time from a specific period.
- Time entries are marked as invoiced when a draft invoice is created.
- If a quantity or unit price is changed on an invoice, it will display in the Invoices tab of the project. The uninvoiced total under Time & expenses in the Tasks & expenses tab doesn't update.
- Tasks and task amounts change according to the selected time period. Tasks will only display if there are uninvoiced time entries in the selected date range.
- If you want to add chargeable time or chargeable expenses as a single amount on your customer’s invoice, create a project amount invoice instead.
- You can also invoice a customer deposit on a project and later apply it as a credit.
Add a tasks & expenses invoice to a project
- In the Projects menu, select All projects.
- Click the project name.
- Click Invoice, then select Tasks & expenses.
- Under Confirm items to invoice, click All uninvoiced time to change the time period.
- Select the Tasks and Expenses you want to show as invoice line items.
- Under Options, you can display tasks or time entries on the invoice:
- Select Tasks to display each task as a line item.
- Select Time Entries to display each time entry as a line item. When you choose this option, you can select or clear the Line Item Details checkboxes to control what’s included in the line item description.
- (Optional) Clear the checkboxes of any deposits you don’t want to display on the invoice.
- Click one of the following:
- Save draft to complete the invoice later. You can view and open the invoice on the project’s Invoices tab.
- Save and open draft invoice to open the invoice in Xero. You can approve and send it from there.