Auckland floods / Cyclone Gabrielle assistance
Auckland businesses affected by the flooding during the Anniversary Weekend can apply for financial help from the Back to Work grants, part of a $5 million Government support package.
Back to Work grants offer:
- up to $5000 to businesses that were red or yellow stickered
- up to $2000 for other affected businesses, and
- $750 for those demonstrating a moderate level of need.
To qualify for a Back to Work grant, businesses must have:
- 1-20 employees
- been directly impacted by the flooding, and
- had significant cash flow issues.
Back to Work grants are not designed to substitute for insurance or compensation for all losses, but to help small businesses get back on their feet sooner and stronger.
Applications for the Back to Work grants can be made through aucklandchamber.co.nz or by calling 0800 005 605, starting later this week.
Major banks such as BNZ, Westpac and ASB have also been offering help to flood-affected customers and businesses, including temporary overdrafts and deferred payments on loans and credit cards. Bank customers should contact their banks for eligibility requirements and to find out how to apply.